In this workshop we cover the Help and Control Section of the Ability Enhancement viewing curriculum. Within the person–centered model of Applied Metapsychology, help is defined as “assisting someone to accomplish something that s⁄he intends to accomplish.” This is distinct from trying to force someone to go in a direction that s⁄he doesn’t wish to go, in the name of “help”. Control is another word that can take on a negative connotation when what is meant is actually “bad control”. Control that either overwhelms a person’s sense of self, or that has chaotic results, is bad control. Good control is beneficial and can actually be experienced as pleasant.
Every viewing technique involves both help and control, as the facilitator intends to help the viewer, and to that end, guides and controls the viewer’s attention so as to reach an end point on the issue being addressed. The Help and Control Section handles charge that might make viewing difficult at times. Handling charge on help and control is also very beneficial to life outside the viewing session. Successful human development from childhood to adulthood depends upon the individual learning to establish autonomy while still being able to relate to others effectively. Viewers report that personal relationships and work relationships improve as a result of this Help and Control section. Completion of this section allows one to feel comfortable and safe with both giving and accepting appropriate help.
On the subject of control, the ideal condition is a person who is able to control (being a successful parent, teacher or manager depends on this) and accept control when appropriate. This is to say, the person is able to be causative and responsible in life, while also allowing others to be the same. Being able to accept control does not mean accepting abuse or other inappropriate control; it is actually bad control in the form of poor management that people most often protest. Freedom from charge on the subject of control, both in giving and receiving, allows a person’s life to run more smoothly and effectively.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between Life Stress Reduction and Ability Enhancement
- Have a working knowledge of the design and philosophy of the the Ability Enhancement viewing curriculum
- The ability to facilitate the techniques of the Help & Control Section of the Curriculum
- The difference between unburdening and discovery
- The ability to work with the phenomenon of self-directed viewing
- Knowledge of the basics of technical direction for Ability Enhancement
- Basic Facilitation and Ability Enhancement
- Introduction to the Ability Enhancement viewing curriculum
- What is learning and how does it relate to viewing?
- A plan for optimum progress, from Life Stress Reduction through Ability Enhancement
- Unburdening vs. Discovery
- Methods and Techniques of Facilitation
- Technical Direction of Ability Enhancement
- Self directed viewing
- The Help and Control Section
- The theory of Help and Control
- Help techniques
- Control techniques
|Ability Enhancement Workshop - Level 1|
|Date & Location||Registration|
|April 27 - 28, 2020|
Ridgway, PA, USA
|with Trainer: Marian Volkman|
Contact: Ability Enhancement Services