Ability Enhancement Workshop Level 8
Prerequisite: Ability Enhancement Workshops Levels 1-7
Time: 3 – 4 Days
This workshop gives an overview of technical direction for the entire Ability Enhancement viewing curriculum. In this training the student builds understanding of the thinking process necessary for creating case plans for a viewer to go through Ability Enhancement with the greatest success, meeting that individual’s needs. This workshop also offers a multitude of specialized programs and supplemental techniques to meet specific viewer needs. We review some programs taught along the way during the Ability Enhancement Workshop Series, as well as adding many new specialized programs to optimize success. Following is a description of many of the specialized programs that you will learn or review (in alphabetical order):
Ability Enhancement Workshop Level 8 Specialized Programs:
- The Comprehension Program
- This program addresses words, symbols and phrases that have been wrongly understood, incompletely understood, or not understood at all. This action fits well with the Rightness Section, but may well be done earlier, especially if a viewer is having difficulties studying or understanding material s/he needs to comprehend. One could use this program more than once if the need arises. It could be that a viewer is interested enough only to “get over the hump” when having study difficulties and later on might have interest doing some more work on the Comprehension Program. A viewer can feel brighter, more in the present and even smarter as a result of freeing up attention that was tied up in past confusions that never got resolved.
- The Creative Person Program
- This program was designed primarily for artists, writers, performers, etc.; however, many business people are and consider themselves to be creative people, and this program could be adapted to suit them as well. The program consists of four components: 1. A general assessment for all creative/artistic people, 2. An assessment for writers and fine artists, 3. An assessment for performing artists (which could be adapted for anyone doing public speaking), and finally, 4. A section containing a wide variety of other actions that can be used to write a more in-depth extension of the case plan for a creative person.
- The Enhanced Awareness Program
- This program can be done at various points. It fits quite well with the block of objective techniques that come with the Resolution Section. It also makes a good, rather advanced program to do after the Rightness Section. This program invites the viewer to examine his/her relationship with body, environment and the physical world in general.
- The Exploration by Domains Program
- This is a very light, easy program for viewers who are a bit fragile and need to build up some confidence and ego strength. Viewers, for whom this is the correct level of challenge will find it pleasant and affirming.
- The Fixed Identities Program
- This program was especially designed to free up identities that are rigid and inflexible, limiting the person’s options in life. For some viewers, an identity such as survivor, combat veteran, or divorced person can become stuck, such that their energy is tied up in that one identity. Then their other roles in life such as parent, wage earner, or creative person can suffer. This program makes use of a technique that allows a viewer to examine and sort out any false assumptions s/he may have picked up in life, as well as to un-stick any fixed identities.
- The Integrity Program
- This program is taught in the Ability Enhancement Workshop Level 5 and fits well with the Reconciliation Section, but a technical director may choose to use it at a different time. Viewers having difficulties with issues about ethics, integrity, moral codes or just doing what is right in life, will have the opportunity during this program to clear up confusions and charge from the past on these matters and also to develop and fine tune their own personal code of ethics.
- The Oppressive Relationships Program
- This program uses both facilitation and consultation to address the issues of oppressive relationships. Whether a relationship is truly abusive, or just difficult and painful, this program will help.
- The People Program
- This program can be done along with the Reconciliation Section, during Life Stress Reduction, or whenever needed. The viewer looks at attitudes and emotions toward people that are making life more difficult and less enjoyable. Socially phobic people are among those who will benefit from this fairly light, but very effective program. People who tend to be abrasive or abrupt with other people will also benefit from looking at emotions on the various directions of causation in relation to other people.
- A collection of techniques for Pregnancy and New Parenthood
- This is a fairly self-explanatory program. It is a template of possible actions that can be used to tailor-make a program for a pregnant woman and her family. It covers charge from past events, concerns about the future, and practical considerations.
- A collection of techniques for Serious Illness
- Like the Pregnancy Collection, this one for people coping with serious illness provides various possible viewing and consultation actions to reduce charge from past events and to support the person in the present.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Utilize programs and collections of techniques addressed to specific conditions such as: pregnancy, serious illness, oppressive relationships, and creative blocks
- Develop programs for difficult and resistive viewers, and the understanding of what makes a case resistive
- Demonstrate effective case planning to see a viewer through the entire Ability Enhancement viewing curriculum
- Explain the range of supplemental techniques and the understanding of how and when to use them throughout each section of Ability Enhancement
- Discuss the theory and practice behind effectively supervising others to expand their own professional development and avoid burnout
- How to produce expanded results using simple, familiar techniques
- Theory of Technical Direction
- Additional Techniques for each Section of Ability Enhancement
- Specialized Programs and Collections of techniques
- The Theory of Remediation
- Addressing the difficult case
- Use of the Comprehensive Case Assessment
- Writing and extended program from the Comprehensive Case Assessment
|Ability Enhancement Workshop - Level 8|
|Date & Location||Registration|
|September 23-25, 2017|
Barrie, ON, Canada
|with Trainer: Marian Volkman|
Contact: Margaret Nelson