Upcoming Training Dates
Time: (Standard) 3 – 4 Days
Life Stress Reduction (LSR), part of the larger subject of Applied Metapsychology, is a full program which makes use of a broad array of techniques. A Life Stress Reduction Case Plan is tailored to meet the needs of a particular viewer (client), utilizing a combination of the available techniques to address the particular life issues that people experience: emotional pain, resistance, confusion, relationship or self-image problems, in fact any issues that cause stress.
It also includes techniques that address past traumatic incidents in a less direct way than is done with TIR for individuals who are not ready to face their most traumatic experiences. The LSR Workshop also includes many practical, effective techniques to prepare a client for TIR.
This Workshop presents a new paradigm of safety and effectiveness for helping others. The structured techniques taught in this workshop are easy to learn and to apply. At the same time, they are very efficient and powerful in helping viewers to release emotional charge and resolve issues that may have challenged them for years.
Upon completing the Life Stress Reduction – Case Planning Workshop, a facilitator can expect to get good results applying what has been learned. This workshop also include skill-building exercises, an opportunity to give and receive supervised Life Stress Reduction sessions, and practice in developing customized case plans using the wide variety of techniques taught.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Explain the theory and practice of Life Stress Reduction, including the difference between unburdening and discovery.
- Explain what viewing is and the relative roles of viewer and facilitator.
- Describe the indicators of an end point, types of end points, and how they vary depending on the circumstances; Practice recovering missed end points.
- Describe how to assess a viewer’s readiness for Life Stress Reduction and how to make them ready.
- Explain how the Rules of Facilitation create a safe viewing environment.
- Describe an intake Interview and practice it in dyads
- Explain the use of distress and interest ratings to create a case plan
- Describe how to handle disturbances that occur in or out of session, including handling them in depth.
- Explain and be able to facilitate the different viewing methods.
- Describe and do Exploration for data and Exploration to make case gain.
- Explain the theory of Wrong Indication Handling and practice it in dyads.
- Describe specialized techniques addressed to body image, difficult life situations, difficult people, and loss of a loved one.
- Explain the theory of Recall Lists and practice them in dyads.
- Explain and practice in dyads the use of assessment lists
- Write an effective Life Stress Reduction case plan.
- Apply a variety of Life Stress Reduction techniques, each to a successful result
- Establishing a Safe Environment
- Rules of Facilitation
- Communication exercises
- Life Stress Reduction
- Balancing the negative with the positive
- Thoroughness in addressing charged items and issues
- The end point of Life Stress Reduction (LSR)
- Intake interviews
- Applied Metapsychology LSR
- Checklist Techniques
- Assessment Lists
- Body Image program
- Case planning
- Practical Case Planning Exercise
- Education for New Clients
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of practicing social workers, psychologists, therapists, counselors, and clergy. See also Continuing Education
While appropriate for use in a therapeutic setting, and while its results may be viewed as therapeutic in nature, Applied Metapsychology, its methods, and techniques, are a form of highly disciplined and structured integrative education, which results in personal improvement. The structure and safety built into the subject make it well suited for community mental health and peer co-counseling. See also Applied Metapsychology: Therapy or Personal Growth? by Frank A. Gerbode, MD, and A Psychologist Addresses Potential Concerns of the Mental Health Community by John Durkin, PhD.
|Life Stress Reduction -Case Planning Workshop|
|Date & Location||Registration|
|Feb. 15,16, 22 & 23, 2024|
Fairfax, VA, USA
|Trainer: Michelle Booth|
Contact: Contact Michlle Booth to Register
9:00 - 5:00 Eastern time (NY)
|April 15 - 18, 2024|
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
|Trainer: Marian Volkman|
Contact: Ability Enhancement Services
Online Only Register Now!
9 - 4 US Eastern time