Upcoming Training Dates
Time: (Standard) 3 – 4 Days
Life Stress Reduction (LSR), part of the larger subject of Applied Metapsychology, is a full program which makes use of a broad array of techniques. A Life Stress Reduction Case Plan is tailored to meet the needs of a particular viewer (client), utilizing a combination of the available techniques to address the particular life issues that people experience: emotional pain, resistance, confusion, relationship or self-image problems, in fact any issues that cause stress.
It also includes techniques that address past traumatic incidents in a less direct way than is done with TIR for individuals who are not ready to face their most traumatic experiences. The LSR Workshop also includes many practical, effective techniques to prepare a client for TIR.
This Workshop presents a new paradigm of safety and effectiveness for helping others. The structured techniques taught in this workshop are easy to learn and to apply. At the same time, they are very efficient and powerful in helping viewers to release emotional charge and resolve issues that may have challenged them for years.
Upon completing the Life Stress Reduction – Case Planning Workshop, a facilitator can expect to get good results applying what has been learned. This workshop also include skill-building exercises, an opportunity to give and receive supervised Life Stress Reduction sessions, and practice in developing customized case plans using the wide variety of techniques taught.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Explain the theory of Life Stress Reduction
- Demonstrate the use of directive repetitive techniques
- Assess a client’s readiness for Life Stress Reduction
- Create a Life Stress Reduction case plan
- Practice Life Stress Reduction in dyads
- Compare techniques used for relationship issues
- List techniques for addressing difficult life situations
- Practice positive memory techniques
- Describe specialized techniques addressed to body image
- Use these structured, directive techniques in a client-centered way
- Establishing a Safe Environment
- Rules of Facilitation
- Communication exercises
- Life Stress Reduction
- Balancing the negative with the positive
- Thoroughness in addressing charged items and issues
- The end point of Life Stress Reduction (LSR)
- Intake interviews
- Applied Metapsychology LSR
- Checklist Techniques
- Assessment Lists
- Body Image program
- Case planning
- Practical Case Planning Exercise
- Education for New Clients
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of practicing social workers, psychologists, therapists, counselors, and clergy. See also Continuing Education
While appropriate for use in a therapeutic setting, and while its results may be viewed as therapeutic in nature, Applied Metapsychology, its methods, and techniques, are a form of highly disciplined and structured integrative education, which results in personal improvement. The structure and safety built into the subject make it well suited for community mental health and peer co-counseling. See also Applied Metapsychology: Therapy or Personal Growth? by Frank A. Gerbode, MD, and A Psychologist Addresses Potential Concerns of the Mental Health Community by John Durkin, PhD.
|Life Stress Reduction -Case Planning Workshop|
|Date & Location||Registration|
|January 11 - 14, 2022|
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
|Trainer: Marian Volkman|
Contact: Ability Enhancement Services
Online Only Register Now!
10 - 4 each day, New York time
|February 4 - 7, 2022|
Washigton, DC, USA
|Trainer: Ragnhild Malnati|